- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 10 ounces white melts*
- ½ and ¼ cup funfetti or white cake mix**, divided
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment/ waxed paper and set aside until needed later
- Pop popcorn in your preferred method and salt to taste. Pour into large bowl and set aside.
- Melt white candy melts in a microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring frequently until smooth and being careful not to overheat
- Add ½ cup of the cake mix to the white chocolate and stir to combine
- Immediately pour the candy/cake mix mixture over the popcorn and use a spatula to combine. Add the remaining ¼ cup of the cake mix and the sprinkles and stir or toss again to combine until thoroughly coated
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer and top with some extra sprinkles if you like. Leave on the baking sheet until set and then break apart into small clusters. Serve and enjoy!
*White chocolate bars may ne used as well but your final coated popcorn won’t set as hard or be as crunchy.
**Before using the cake batter mix, treat it in the oven by spreading it on a lined baking tray and toasting it at 350 F for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Once cooled, use as per the recipe above. One thing to note is that the sprinkles in the cake mix may discolour a little or melt a bit. More reason to add those extra sprinkles!